After hitting up the local farmers market and getting some premade pizza crust, I decided I would make homemade pizza for dinner. Is it ever a bad idea?
I didn’t have canned pizza sauce so I had to create my own. I tell you what this was so easy I’ll never buy commercial pizza sauce again.
TIME: 10 minutes
14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes
12 oz Tomato Paste
1/8 c. Minced Basil
1 T. Italian Seasoning Blend (or oregano if you have that in your pantry)
1 T. Thyme Salt Pepper
1. Combine diced tomatoes and tomato paste in a sauce pan on medium heat.
2. As it comes to a simmer, add basil.
3. For remaining herbs, add as you see fit. I like a little more thyme.
4. Be careful of your salt because you have the cheese of your pizza to consider.
5. Let it simmer and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.